Safety is a top priority for CISD, and we will do everything in our power to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
- Every CISD campus has visitor screening/sign-in procedures; visitors are required to present identification and are run through Raptor a system that provides alerts for registered sex offenders.
- A criminal background check is conducted on all CISD volunteers and employees.
- All employees are required to wear CISD photo identification badges.
- Secondary campuses have a CISD Police Officer present throughout the day. Elementary campuses have a CISD Police Officer as first responders.
- All campuses have video surveillance cameras on the interior and exterior of the building.
- CISD utilizes a emergency notification system to communicate with staff and parents through either emails or phone calls, whichever is most appropriate for the situation at hand.
- CISD schools have regular safety drills throughout the school year involving both students and staff.
- The district has a Crisis Management Plan that is evaluated and updated regularly.
- CISD consults regularly with local law enforcement and first responders about school safety.
- Every year the district does security audits throughout the district.