Prevention & Mitigation
Health safety and illness prevention are top priority for Crandall Independent School District. We believe it is important that you have accurate information and resources to provide a proactive approach against the spread of illness and infection. With the recent heightened awareness regarding the Ebola virus and in preparation for Flu season Crandall ISD is taking the following actions:
• Crandall ISD teachers and staff will continue to practice universal precautions.
o Proper hand washing
o Use of gloves
o Hand Sanitizer
o PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) Kits in Clinics
• Additional custodial services have been arranged to extensively clean all CISD buildings and athletic facilities.
• Buses are being thoroughly cleaned.
• Additional sanitizer is being distributed to all campuses.
• School nurses are closely monitoring any student who comes to the nurse’s office with fever or flu-like symptoms, etc.
Crandall ISD will continue to openly communicate and keep parents apprised regarding any health or safety concerns. Please be assured that we will track and monitor new developments and will maintain contact with state and federal health organizations, with the Kaufman Health Department, and with Kaufman County Emergency Management administrators to ensure that we make the best decisions possible regarding school safety.
FACTS & INFORMATION
- Texas Department of State Health Services Coronavirus (COVID-19) Letter
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Risk Assessment
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Fact Sheet
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Symptoms Information
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Stop the Spread Information Sheet
- Mosquito-Borne Diseases Resources from the Texas Department of State Health Services