First time CISD PreK students will enroll as a New Student. If you are a returning Pre-K student, then you will enroll under Returning Student Enrollment.
Crandall ISD offers a full-day prekindergarten program at all elementary campuses across the District. Students must be four years of age on or before September 1 of the target school year.
The program is free for qualifying students only. The focus of the prekindergarten program is to develop oral language skills, prerequisite skills for emergent readers and early math concepts, and to build readiness skills for successful entry into kindergarten.
The Pre-K Program is a full day program that follows the hours of the campus it is housed on.
Only children who qualify are able to attend. Here is the list of eligibility requirements:
- Proficiency in English is limited due to another language being spoken in the home. (The state of Texas requires that all students who have a language other than English on the Home Language Survey complete language testing to determine English proficiency.)
- Low family income qualifies the student for the free/reduced lunch program. (Parent must bring one of the following: last three current pay stubs, most recent tax return, IRS form 1099, a notarized letter from employer on company letterhead listing income, or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) eligibility letter with EDG (Eligibility Determination Group) number listed.
- Meet the definition of homeless.
- Be a member of an active military family or be a member of an inactive military family whose parent was injured or killed during active military service. (Documentation required).
- Has ever been in the foster care system in the state of Texas. (Form 2085E is required).
- Has a guardian who is eligible to receive the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, firefighter or emergency medical first responder.