CTE Programs of Study
Texas Education Agency conducted a process to identify high wage, high demand occupations in Texas to ensure alignment between industry and postsecondary education. The process included stakeholders from the Texas Workforce Commission, Texas Workforce Investment Council, and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
Programs of study are course sequences that prepare students with the knowledge and skills necessary for success in their chosen career. These sequences embed relevant, real world experiences and culminate in a postsecondary credential.
Why complete Programs of Study?
- Programs of study meet high school endorsement requirements.
- Programs of study help students realize if they need education beyond high school and what type of education they should acquire.
- Programs of study give students a deeper understanding of their chosen field of work.
- Programs of study allow students a hands-on experience that can lead to jobs and internships.
- Programs of study show that a student can stick to a dedicated plan throughout their secondary education.