Health Information & Illness Prevention
• Crandall ISD teachers and staff will continue to practice universal precautions.
o Proper hand washing• Additional custodial services have been arranged to extensively clean all CISD buildings and athletic facilities.
o Use of gloves
o Hand Sanitizer
o PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) Kits in Clinics
• Buses are being thoroughly cleaned.
• Additional sanitizer is being distributed to all campuses.
• School nurses are closely monitoring any student who comes to the nurse’s office with fever or flu-like symptoms, etc.
Crandall ISD will continue to openly communicate and keep parents apprised regarding any health or safety concerns. Please be assured that we will track and monitor new developments and will maintain contact with state and federal health organizations, with the Kaufman Health Department, and with Kaufman County Emergency Management administrators to ensure that we make the best decisions possible regarding school safety.
Did you know that the Dallas County Health and Human services has opened a hotline for Ebola virus questions?
(972)-692-2783 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
As the current school year comes to a close, We need to remind you of a few items for the upcoming year.
- If your child will continue taking medication at school next year, a new medication permission form will be required for the 2016-2017 school year. If your student has no change in a health condition, a new Action Plan will need to be completed and signed by both you and the doctor as well.
- All physician notes your child has on file for medications or medical conditions/needs for the current school year are invalid after the last day of this school year.
- District policy requires a physician order and written parental permission on ALL prescription and over-the-counter medications. A recently dated pharmacy prescription label will be accepted as the physician order. If your medication does not have a pharmacy label, a doctor’s note will be required. ALL medication must be in the original container.
- Any medication that your child has brought to school this year will need to be picked up by an adult on the last day of this school year. You may pick it up prior to the last day but medications that are left in our school after 3:30 on the last day, will be disposed of. Please note that NO medications will be released to a student for return home.
IF YOU LEAVE BEFORE THE END OF THE SCHOOL DAY, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU STOP BY THE CLINIC AND PICK UP YOUR MEDICATIONS.
It has been a pleasure working with your children this year. Have a Safe and Fun Summer!
CISD Health Services Team