Substitute teaching positions are posted online. All applicants must apply online and complete the Crandall ISD substitute training/orientation class before being eligible for employment.
Orientation Class: Friday, August 9, 2019, two sessions to choose from: 8:00-11:30 or 1:00-4:30. Training will be held at the CISD Administration building located at 400 W. Lewis, Crandall TX 75114.
You are encouraged to apply online prior to the training class.
At the training class you will want to bring: copy of Driver's License, copy of Social Security card, copy of diploma, GED or college transcript, voided check or bank letter for direct deposit.
All new substitutes are required to attend the Crandall ISD substitute training and must have completed all new hire paperwork in addition to fingerprinting requirements prior to being added to our program.
Please contact Kimberly Bramhall at 972-427-6000 ext. 5804 if you have any questions.
In 2007, the Texas Legislature passed Senate Bill 9 (SB 9), commonly referred to as the fingerprinting bill. The purpose of this bill is to create a database for fingerprint-based national criminal history checks of the state’s 400,000 certified school employees, including substitute teachers, maintenance staff, and cafeteria workers. Fingerprints will be submitted to a constantly updated criminal history clearinghouse created and maintained by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS).
As a result of this legislation, all substitute teachers seeking employment with the Crandall Independent School District will be required to submit their fingerprints to the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS). This process involves the following steps:
- You must fill out the Background Check form included in your sub packet.
- Once your form is received at Central Office, our staff will upload your information to the SBEC website. The District will receive a response email from SBEC within 24 hrs. with your “FAST Pass” attached.
- Once the District receives your “FAST Pass” , we will forward it in an email to you.
- You will be required to schedule your fingerprint appointment at one of the approved locations. You must present the following when you go to your fingerprinting appointment:
- FAST Pass
- Valid I.D.
- Check, debit card or money order (approx $60.00)