September 17, 2021
Good evening, Pirates.
Growth is a big theme throughout Crandall ISD. On this day one year ago, we had 4,834 students enrolled. Today, there are 5,398 Pirates attending classes across our eight campuses—and there is no indication of a slow-down in sight.
Schools play a vital role in our community and we want your help guiding the future of CISD. Our school board has approved forming a Long-Range Facilities Committee. This group will study current and future facility needs by gathering feedback from you—our families, staff and community. Your input is needed and now is your chance to be heard.
This facilities committee will:
- Evaluate the use, capacity and condition of existing CISD facilities
- Become educated regarding school construction finance
- Identify the most pressing needs facing CISD relative to facilities and technology
- Discuss and develop facility improvement and expansion plans to meet the identified needs
- Evaluate the financial impact of funding for capital improvement projects
- Engage the community in dialogue regarding long-range facilities and capital improvement needs
- Assist district-wide community outreach efforts to increase public awareness of the facilities planning process, capital improvement plans and proposed bond programs
Please take a few minutes and complete this brief 14-question survey. Your opinions are valuable and will help us provide the best learning environments we possibly can for our Pirates. Within the survey, you can also sign up to be part of the committee, which gets underway in a few weeks.
Growth presents much opportunity, Pirates. Together we can help shape our community in the best ways for years to come.
Dr. Wendy Eldredge, Superintendent