May 13, 2022
Good evening, Pirates.
You know what makes a wonderful week? When you can celebrate your top students and top teachers. This week in Crandall ISD, we did both.
We began the celebration with teachers at Monday’s board meeting. Trustees and I crowned CISD’s two district teachers of the year after first recognizing all eight campus winners. Christina Buchanan was named CISD Elementary Teacher of the Year and Rafael Juarez was named CISD Secondary Teacher of the Year.
Mrs. Buchanan teaches fourth grade at Dietz Elementary and Mr. Juarez teaches theatre arts at Crandall High School. Both will represent CISD in this summer’s Region 10 Teacher of the Year contest, comprised of more than 130 school districts from eight counties throughout North Texas.
Great teachers were also part of our student celebration Wednesday morning as we hosted our first-ever Superintendent’s Breakfast. There, we honored our top 10 graduating seniors from the Class of 2022. Students brought special guests, including family members and the teacher who most impacted their lives. This year’s top 10 students are:
- Kian Venrick (United States Naval Academy – Chemistry major)
- Madeline Cox (Baylor University – Psychology major)
- Mason Joyner (Texas A&M University – Engineering major)
- Megan Freeman (Blinn College – Nursing major)
- Bailey Nalley (Texas State University – Biochemistry major)
- Kaitlyn Roberts (Dallas Baptist University – Education major)
- Kyle Cones (Texas A&M University – Biomedical Sciences major)
- Lizbeth Arce (University of Texas at Austin – Architectural Engineering major)
- Hailey Golden (Tarleton State University – Education major)
- Cayden Chaffin (University of Texas at Tyler – Music major)
Check out our countdown to Crandall High’s graduation on May 23 as we spotlight each of these outstanding Pirates with a student spotlight on our social media channels. And if you see them—or our two teachers of the year—out and about, be sure to congratulate them.
Dr. Wendy Eldredge