November 18, 2022
Good evening, Pirates.
In this season of giving thanks, I must let you all know how thankful I am for your tireless dedication to this school district. You contribute mightily toward making CISD a special place to live, raise a family and receive an education. For that, I am thankful.
I would also be remiss if I did not take advantage of arguably the most enjoyable aspect presented by Thanksgiving—the chance to share some fun facts and pretty cool numbers:
- 5 – Five locations on U.S. census reports are named “Cranberry,” one of the most popular Thanksgiving side dishes. The most populous location is Cranberry Township, Butler County, Pennsylvania (33,768)
- 4 – Four cities on census reports are named after the holiday’s traditional main course, “Turkey”—Turkey Creek (Louisiana), Turkey (Texas), Turkey (North Carolina), and Turkey Creek (Arizona).
- 3 – The original Thanksgiving feast was a three-day celebration, held in 1621, by the early settlers of Plymouth Colony.
- 2 – Since 1966, just two NFL football teams have played on every Thanksgiving—the Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys.
- 1 – One community in this world holds particular value to me, thanks to the staff, students and everyone throughout who makes it special—Crandall ISD.
For all of this, and for each of you, I am thankful. Enjoy this time with your families, be safe in your travels during the upcoming holiday season and give thanks for the blessings in your life.
Dr. Wendy Eldredge