Fine Arts CHS students claim 70 First Division medals at Region 3 UIL contest
Members of the Crandall High School band competed at the Region 3 UIL Solo and Ensemble competition this past Saturday, Feb. 26. Almost 120 students claimed individual awards at the event, hosted by Garland ISD.
Students prepared a solo or an ensemble--which includes mastery of the music and having the entire solo memorized, without sheet music--to perform for a judge. Ratings of 1-5 were awarded, with one being the best rating.
CISD had the following results:
- 70 First Division Medals (Superior)
- 38 Students received a Second Division rating (Excellent)
- 9 Students received a rating of Third Division (Good)
- JV Jazz First Division (2nd Year in a row)
- Varsity Jazz Band received their 13th Consecutive UIL Jazz First Division
Twenty-seven students advanced compete at the state competition hosted in Austin during late May.