The mission of the Transportation Department is to safely provide quality and reliable service for students, staff, and community through a well-trained and positive staff that satisfies customers.
Customer Requirement: STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT
Goal: The Transportation Department will provide excellent student transportation services that meet or exceed local, state, national, and international standards in all areas.
* Number of interruptions to the learning environment caused by activities under our area of responsibility.
* Student, staff, and community perceptions of the Transportation Department.
* Benchmarks for on-time arrivals based on district history and industry standards
* Benchmarks for telephone complaints based on district history.
* Percent of employees receiving training in all areas of their job responsibility.
Customer Requirement: SAFE, ORDERLY & RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION SERVICE
Goal: Buses and facilities will be safe, secure, and nurturing places for students and staff.
* Student, staff, and community perceptions of the safety of Transportation Department.
* Benchmarks for accident rate based on district history and industry standards.
* Benchmarks for student misconduct based on district history and industry standards
* Benchmarks for on-time arrivals based on district history and industry standards.
Customer Requirement: EFFECTIVE & EFFICIENT TRANSPORTATION OPERATIONS
Goal: The Transportation Department will achieve performance excellence and improve customer satisfaction.
* Benchmarks with industry averages with respect to rider-ship efficiency.
* Benchmarks for field trips based on district history and industry standards
* Benchmarks for transportation efficiency measures based on district history and industry standards
* Benchmarks for breakdowns and mechanic efficiency based on district history and industry standards
Strategies for Achieving Goals
* Accountability: Develop an accountability system that sets high expectations and holds staff responsible for performance excellence.
* Partnerships: Build collaborative partnerships to involve community to maximize department achievement.
* Resources: Provide leadership and support to build capacity for efficient operations and effective use of resources.
* Cultural Diversity: Foster positive relationships among all students, staff, parents and community members by embracing cultural diversity.
* Technology: Optimize providing services and working through the ongoing infusion and integration of technology.
* Communication: Communicate with parents, staff, coworkers, and the community to maximize positive, productive, and collaborative relationships.
* Quality Management: Implement a management system within every department and team.